Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Yummy Cucumber/Tomato Salad!

Hello Fellow Blogging Friends! Hope this week finds everyone well...My daughter gets out of school day after tomorrow so we've been pretty busy this week trying to wrap up the school year! Big end of the year "Bash" as they call them tomorrow for all the 7th graders so Caitlyn is pretty excited to bring her yearbook and collect as many autographs as possible:) But on another note, I had to share a really great recipe with you all! We've had some warm weather here in the Pacific Northwest and it's kind of got me thinking about all the yummy things we get to eat in the summer! This recipe was passed on to me by a coworker and it is such a great salad, especially with this warm weather. Got your pencil ready? Here it goes: 2 lg. Cucumbers 5 roma Tomatoes 1 medium Red Onion 4 oz. Feta Cheese *Chop tomatoes,onion and cucumbers and place in a large bowl. Crumble feta cheese and add to veggies, set aside. *In a small bowl, combine the following: 4-5 T. Olive Oil 2 T. Red Wine Vineagar 1 t. Sugar Salt and Pepper to taste! Italian Seasoning to taste *Pour over salad and toss. *Chill and Serve. You will have to try this salad and let me know what you think! My daughter isn't real fond of the strong flavors but my husband and I absolutely love it! Until next time, have a great evening!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon!
    I do one similar to this. I chop tomato and cucumber and mix in feta cheese and add some olive oil and pepper. I will have to try yours the next time I go to make this. I am sure it will be delicious as well.
    Thanks for sharing. Have a lovely day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bismah:)
      Good morning and thanks for visiting my blog! I am going to have to try the recipe your way next time and we can compare:)
      Have a great day!

      Delete