Sunday, June 9, 2013

Beads of Courage donation ready to be shipped!

Hello Crafty Friends!
  Well I am so excited to say my first shipment of paper beads are ready to ship out for my "Beads of Courage" donation! Aren't they beautiful?
  In case you've not read my earlier post, Beads of Courage is a non-profit organization that tries to teach kids art through medicine, those battling serious illness. They hold beading workshops for these children and for every appt. they attend, for every chemo session they have, etc. they get to choose a bead for their collection! It's amazing these children know and remember what every bead stands for!
  When I saw they were being featured here at our Children's Hospital in Seattle, it really touched my heart.
My passion with paper beading began when my sister took a turn for the worse. It was my therapy to help me get through the hard times and to help me get my mind off of things. I call them my "Mindy Beads"! Mindy was my sister's name. So you can see why this organization struck me as one I needed to be involved with! And what better way than to make a donation of my "Mindy Beads"!!!
  So off in the mail they go with a note thanking them for allowing me to be a part of something so important:)
Happy Crafting:)

No comments:

Post a Comment